Re: Blind threaded inserts into plywood?

I have had good success using threaded inserts in Baltic Birch for exactly the same type of application of on and off again type fixtures.

Knothead

Reply to
Knothead

I use threaded inserts with baltic birch plywood just fine.

I build large rockets (20 feet tall and 12" diameter) and the launch guides are attached via threaded inserts in BB plywood. The rocket weighs

130 lbs and last year the rocket was in a vertical postion for over an hour while being buffetted by 20 MPH winds.

None of the threaded inserts pulled out. I would suspect that standard plywood would fare much worse due to the thick veneer layers.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert