Re: Biscuits as Kitchn Door Joints -- Reasonable?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:43:14 GMT, "Gregory N. Latiak"

snip
if you plan to whitewash the doors, might i suggest pocket hole screws? our esteemed Mr. Jummy will cry blasphemy but, pocket holes and plugs are a quick way to make door frames if you plan to paint (shudder) the wood.
if not, i would stick to one joinery method of the M&T joint. it gives you the satisfaction of knowing you did it, and the practice of actually doing it.
Traves
(snip)

using glass panels. If someone were to let the door swing open till the hinge stopped it, the hinge side joints would probably break. I would opt for the M&T joints.
-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry
The sideboard in our familyroom has 4 doors 13X24 made with poplar. Mitered corners with 1/2" floating panel that get used quite often. I used the small biscuit cutter for the joints and have not seen any problem indicated.
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:43:14 GMT, "Gregory N. Latiak"