Re: American Woodworker Ultimate Router Table Plans?

Don't be so cheap, purchase a copy of the magazine. Do you know that there is a law against copyright infringement?
Walter H. Klaus
Dave Ballard wrote:

-- Remove the "(NOSPAM)" from my Email address to contact me.
< snipped-for-privacy@the-ballards.remove-this-part.us writes: (Dave Ballard)> wrote in message

Go to their Web site and order either that issue or the plans. It's cheap. -- Ernie
yea...but its only good for ten years. just do a google search. I'm sure you will find something. geez

Jack Kerouac wrote:

If that's true, then there are still 2 years left on the copyright.
************************************ Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me) ************************************
If it were true, which it is not. Copyrights exceed the life of the author by I believe 50 years now. Certainly more than 10. Having said that, photocopying the plans and using them for yourself would probably fall under the "fair use" portion, especially if the plans themselves were published in the magazine.
John Emmons

Right you are, John. From the US Copyright Office: "A work that is created (fixed in tangible form for the first time) on or after January 1, 1978, is automatically protected from the moment of its creation and is ordinarily given a term enduring for the author's life plus an additional 70 years after the author's death. In the case of "a joint work prepared by two or more authors who did not work for hire," the term lasts for 70 years after the last surviving author's death. For works made for hire, and for anonymous and pseudonymous works (unless the author's identity is revealed in Copyright Office records), the duration of copyright will be 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is shorter." http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hlc -- Ernie

Another copyright policeman...........
snipped-for-privacy@the-ballards.remove-this-part.us writes: (Dave Ballard) wrote in message

You might consider checking out the New Yankee Workshop too (http://www.newyankee.com /). Several years ago they took the American Woodworker router table and did it one better (same raising & lowering mechanism). Then, in January of this year Norm added even more improvements. Plans are about $10.