RE: A Sign Of The Times-Maybe

Page 1 of 2
The largest Lamborghini dealer in the country, located in Santa Ana (Orange County), CA, has closed it's doors.
The sold about 10% of the 2,400 unit annual production.
With a price structure of about $600K/unit, you would think they were immune from swings in the economy.
Maybe yes, maybe no.
Lew

The Murcielago tops out at $ 350,000. The Reveton is sold out forever, and the Audi powered Gallardo can be had for $225,000 fully loaded. So of which Lambo doth thou speaketh? I think the problem is that, with the exception of the Gallardo, Lambos are just bad cars. Cute, but unreliable. I guess the market is also limited by the fact that you have to pay $ 650.00 to get a Lamborghini logo on your headrest.
Around here, the cops will give you a ticket just for being a pompous ass if you own one of those cars..<G>
"Robatoy" wrote:
The Murcielago tops out at $ 350,000. The Reveton is sold out forever, and the Audi powered Gallardo can be had for $225,000 fully loaded. So of which Lambo doth thou speaketh?
When It comes to cars, I'm clueless.
As far as I'm concerned they are all a POS you get in at the dealer and drive by some path to the junk yard, where you get a ride back to the dealer for the next one.
As far as the $600K number, that was the number reported by the local media, but there are enough pro sports and Hollywood types to support any price.
Lew
Forgot to ask, how difficult to drop say $250K on a sound system for one of these little beauties?
Lew

$ 250 K for audio? Can't imagine that. Where would you put it?
"Robatoy" wrote:
$ 250 K for audio? Can't imagine that. Where would you put it?
I wouldn't.
You'll have to ask the pro athletes or Hollywood types.
But, when you are 20 years old, earning $15-$20 million/year. you find ways of spending some of it.
Lew

Maybe many purchasers of those cars in that area also go overboard decorating their cars with a lot of bling. A few diamond studded steering wheels could significantly increase prices.

It took me a while to learn to not buy American cars also.

Which is why you have to verify everything that you read or hear that comes from the media. The left media reports what "they" want you to hear. They are the "New Lawyer"

I'd say yes. I've postponed buying one. They are not all that good in snow anyway so I'll review my decision in spring 2009.

Put on some snow chains. Sure, they're a little noisy at 155 mph, but, hey...
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Gerald Ross wrote:

All just imitation penises for the people who don't have the balls to ride a motorcycle.
--John
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

I've decided to wait until after the IPO of my self-aligning prayer rug.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Perhaps an automatic steel flap which covers your butt whilst in the prone prayer position? That's just in case a neocon walks by?
ooops, I was going to discard that last sentence, but I had already hit the send button.

Bryan and I almost picked one up at the local dealer last Saturday, seriously. We walked up on the lot to look at a Lotus that he has spotted from the feeder road and there in the middle of the paver stone display area in the used car parking lot sat a Lambo. Engine running, not a person in site, door ajar. It would have been a matter of getting in and driving off. LOL. It was probably the cheap one on the lot, it was surrounded by Masaratti's, Bentleys, and a friggen Smart car. I guess the Smart car was the bait. ;~)

Have you put in the automatic declination adjustment, or is that an upgrade?
Regards,

Tom.. it's 2008. It would be GPS all the way, wouldn't it?
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:05:30 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Shit, the EMP from the attack from Fuckistan would take that out in a heartbeat.
Then wouldn't the Dervishes be whirling.
Regards,

But they use vacuum tubes. They're not as prone to get overloaded from an EMP like solid state IC's Gold Lion tubes.
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:18:44 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

you be foolin' me
I drove forty seven miles of barbwire got a cobra snake for a necktie got a brand new house by the roadside made form rattlesnake hide got a brand new chimney mate on top made from a human skull come on robby let's take a little walk tell me who do you love who do you love who do you love
(well, at least robbie was canukistani)
i have a gps. it is a garmin 60 csx. it don't got no tubes.
Regards,