Re: $13 roller stand...

"Made in China" = "garbage" in most cases, particularly if there's no brand name (or one you've never heard of).
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:45:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

It's a roller stand, not a jack plane or combo square! <G> The roller stands I paid $30 for are also made in China, and there really isn't much to go wrong on it.
I'll bet the OP bought the same thing I have for 1/3 the price.
Barry

Hah! I bought 4 of the 12" chi-com rollers + brackets from HF when they were on sale for $2 each. They managed to screw up one by welding the center shaft off axis such that the roller goes up/down about 1/4" as it rolls....
-Bruce

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:45:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
snip

most of the stuff in my shop has a sticker that says one of the following. "made in china" "made in taiwan" "made in korea" or "made in japan"
go figure,,,im using all junk
Traves
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:24:56 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

ROFLMAO JOAT i needed a good laugh this evening
*G* Traves
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:24:56 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) wrote:

Awesome!
I'm remembering that one.
Barry
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:01:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No. But your thought process is just as flawed! lol
Have a nice week...
Trent