Re: $13 roller stand...

found at BigLots! I took a chance on it (how precise does a roller stand >need to be?)

>16" roller length; 27.5"-42" height. Looks equivalent to the $20 one at the >Borg. >Big Made in China sticker.

"Made in China" = "garbage" in most cases, particularly if there's no brand name (or one you've never heard of).

Doug Miller

It's a roller stand, not a jack plane or combo square! The roller stands I paid $30 for are also made in China, and there really isn't much to go wrong on it.

I'll bet the OP bought the same thing I have for 1/3 the price.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:45:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

most of the stuff in my shop has a sticker that says one of the following. "made in china" "made in taiwan" "made in korea" or "made in japan"

go figure,,,im using all junk

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:24:56 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT)Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

ROFLMAO JOAT i needed a good laugh this evening

*G* Traves
Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Awesome!

I'm remembering that one.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Hah! I bought 4 of the 12" chi-com rollers + brackets from HF when they were on sale for $2 each. They managed to screw up one by welding the center shaft off axis such that the roller goes up/down about 1/4" as it rolls....

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

No. But your thought process is just as flawed! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©