Rail and Stile

Do any of the rail and stile router bits allow for using stock greater than

7/8" in thickness?

Do any of the "reversible" single router rail and stile bits work so conveniently that the bit elevation doesn't have to be changed when the stacking of the cutters is reversed?

I'm looking at some rail and style projects in the near future (not entry or passage door thicknesses) that would be happier at about 5/4" finished thickness. I've never used any of these router bits.

Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
Ellestad

Most of the rail & stile bits are matched for 3/4" stock but all of them specify the range...

See here:

5/4 door is a pretty thick and heavy door.

You can do with "other bits" but not with matched sets...

Ellestad wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

here:

> A 5/4 door is a pretty thick and heavy door.

How about this set from Freud

damian penney

here:

> > A 5/4 door is a pretty thick and heavy door.

Freud

didn't really read your post :)

Reply to
damian penney