Quick connect/disconnect fittings for Dust Collector

I just bought the Delta 50-760 dust collector and I'm interested in having the ability to hook it to different machines at different times, rather than run a system of ductwork to each machine. What I'm planning is attaching a short length of 5" hose to the DC with a 5" connector on the end. At each machine (jointer, planer, TS, router table) I plan to have an attachment that will mate to the 5" connector on the end of the DC hose. Does this sound like an efficient, feasible plan? For example, on my jointer I'll have an attachment to the 4" hood that came with it that will widen to fit the 5" hose on the DC. Same for the TS. Any suggestions as to quick connect devices? Am I correct in running the 5" hose as far as I can, and shrinking to the appropriate size at each machine?
Thanks.
JP ********************** And how's the 1micron bag?
All my machines have a 4" dust port connector, either factory supplied or added by me. I find that 4" is perfectly adequate, even for the planer. A 5' flex hose connects the DC to this quick connect http://www.toolmarts.com/wod_w1038.html which connects to the machine in use.
I wanted to make a 10' extension hose with another quick connect but couldn't find anything to couple a hose into the flare end of a quick connect. I ended up making my own by getting a splicer http://www.toolmarts.com/wod_w1019.html and chucking it in the lathe to taper one end to fit into the flare end. (if you want I can post pics). Now I never have to futz with the clamps at the DC to change hoses.
Art

I use 5" duct work for my portable collector. Two 10' hoses which are connect to a 5" wye at the inlet for the impellar. One hose goes from the jointer to the table saw, I move it depending on the machine. The table saw has a 5' length of HVAC I bought at the BORG which puts the end next to the jointer. Into these openings I use the Woodstock (grizzly) 5" blast gates as they are tapered and slide in pretty well.
The other hose has a 5" to 4" reducer which I tapered by putting in front of my propane heater and then slidding onto a floor sweep to make a flare in it. This fits TIGHT to my DW735 and is used between it and an adapter to various other tools like a OSS, or a vac hose, or a sander hose.
Alan
arw01 wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Anything will be better than the shopvac "system" I'm using now. Amazon is a strange creature, I ended up getting the DC and a $20 bag of biscuits for $223 after a $75 promotion they were running if you bought $300 or more of tools. Free shipping too. I can't imagine they're making much money off that transx. If I get motivated I'll post a sum of my purchases and rebates over the past month or so, all through amazon. Very low prices, IME.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

Can you show what you bought exactly? I used a shop vac on my Miter saw for the first time this weekend and boy did I have an easy time cleaning up after that.
I want to use it on my Craftsman table saw too but im going to need some attachments and probably the flow is low for the huge opening on the table saw. anyway if amazon is having a deal ill try em.
--
Thank you,

dnoyeB wrote:

Get one of these, too:
They're the best Shop-Vac accessory out there!
These are the same folks that appear at all the woodworking shows:
http://www.ptreeusa.com/dustFlangeHoods.htm#254
For your planer. I would add a two stage seperator lid on a garbage can. This will cut waaaay down on cleaning the bag on your DC.
http://www.ptreeusa.com/dustacces.htm#281
Jay Pique wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Thanks for the link. That's what I'm looking for.
JP