Question about Dust Collectors

Page 2 of 2

Pat is right...I own a Fein Turbo II and it is indeed very quiet. I bought if for another reason... it really sucks. Plus you can buy all the filter bags etc. to get true HEPA performance without hindering the airflow. The cooling of the motor is done by a separate fan (a by-pass system) so even if the thing gets plugged, it won't overheat.
I bought mine from Federated Tool in London ON... ask for David Eisan..IF he isn't busy running from Godzilla *G* You won't be paying list price.
I actually pet mine and keep it all shiny. Damn..I love a good tool.
BTW..it mates perfectly with the Festool Rotex sander for absolutely dust-free sanding.
About the bandsaw... if you have neighbours under you, you'll want to isolate the vibration from the band-saw to the floor. One of my jobs when I was working for Mother Hydro, was to develop and design sound-proof quarters for the operators. If it is an issue, I can give you some tips.

Have you by chance used an adapter to hook up a 4" hose to it? I'm wondering how effective the air flow is when converted to the larger hose size?