Question???

Page 1 of 2
Is it safe to burn walnut wood in a fire place. I heard there was bad fumes that could come from the wood.???

Don't forget to open the flue and I think you'll be fine.
Ed
Ed Edelenbos wrote:

On Sun, 31 May 2009 19:38:18 -0400, Keith Nuttle

Burned a rather large Tulip Popular and a bit of ash today clean up still in progress. I have a 14' White pine log about 20" at one end 30" at the other, but I need transport to the mill.
Mark
Donald Weber wrote:

Walnut makes perfectly good firewood; one of the best in fact.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

I find ebony makes a nice fire. A bit crackly, not unlike a flitch of cocobolo.
Robatoy wrote:

I knew some wise guy was going say something like that! Ok, how about this: Whenever I fell a walnut tree, the wood is so purty I try to make lumber out of the *whole damn thing*, even all that squirrely upper canopy stuff. I've got enough spoons, dowels, pens, and toothpicks to supply the whole planet for 10 years! :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Dude, I'm like Roger Rabbit and his "shave-and-a-haircut....."

I am also madly in love with Jessica Rabbit
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/untooned_jessicarabbit.jpg
Robatoy wrote:

You and me both pal! I'm a sucker for redheads. :-)
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote:

Reminds me of the marine who could put a spit shine on his shoes to die for.
One Friday night he went to the local dance hall, spotted a red headed gal and asked her to dance.
As they were dancing, marine looked down at his shoe, then at the gal and said, "You haven't always been a red head have you?"
Lew

Damn you Lew. You get your butt over here right now and clean the Pepsi off my monitor. :)

I've even smoked meat with it.

The hardest part is finding a pipe big enough.
Ed Edelenbos wrote:

    (rimshot),     j4

As we can all see..... I'm not the only wise-ass in here..LOL

But from the sound of things, you might be the only comedian. (grin)

Maybe not, but you've got your own personalized category. :)

Awww.. that's so sweet. Anybody that serves Erdinger on draught near your neck of the woods?

Can't answer that. I've never heard of Erdinger, much less tasted it. I'll remember the name though and see what I can find. I'm a run of the mill Sleeman Creme ale drinker. Yup, boring as hell, but there you go.
However, if you manage to source out a local watering hole that's wheelchair accessible, I'll be happy to buy you a mug or two.