Quartz and all it needs.

Suuuure. Throwing 300 - 500 pound slabs of this stuff seems easy. THEN it is time to make a seam. You need one of these.

'm kinda tickled I bought one. I wish Leonard and Robin Lee would find the time to think about my trade. I'd get better tools.

Reply to
Robatoy

IIRC Bessy makes one of those. CANNOT find it now but I saw it today. I thought in the 2008 Grizzly catalog.

Reply to
Leon

Sun, Dec 30, 2007, 6:17pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Robatoy) doth posteth: I'm kinda tickled I bought one. I wish Leonard and Robin Lee would find the time to think about my trade. I'd get better tools.

Ummm, you sure you posted the right picture? I'm pretty sure I saw the exact same thing in an adult toy catalog.

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

Must be some tough adults. Likely German.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hey, you don't hear any stories of Germans falling from great heights during, umm, nocturnal exercises, do you?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I made the horrible decision to do a bit of unfiltered Google about Germans and their 'adult' things.

Trust me when I tell you that none of the wonderful families I got to know in Germany when I used to vacation there ever came up in any of these searches...but I gotta tell you. DO NOT search for 'adult' German things. Not even CLOSE to tolerable to any of my senses. I am NOT kidding.

I spent many summers, and a few winters in Garmisch Partenkirchen and absolutely loved every minute of my time there. It also made me believe that even the well-intended of any populous can be hi-jacked by evil administrations. Prescott Bush was a hero to some of them..... but alas, I said too much.

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

Ja! Mein bayerischer Deutsch war auf einmal gut ... at one time!

Attended a winter survival course close to Garmisch many years ago, and went back a couple of times during the holiday season. I've seen most of the 'wonders of the world' and that's got to be one of the prettiest places on earth. AMMOF, I judge most holiday "picture post cards" by still vivid cranial recollections of Garmisch, and Lucerne.

One of these days .... naah, probably ain't gonna happen.

Reply to
Swingman

Had no idea my inquiry would be so influential. It also never occurred to me to go conduct such a search.

I've got a couple extra gallons of brain bleach out back, where you want me to send it? ;-)

Ya know, I just don't get the Bush derangement syndrome thing. It's not like GW is even close to a conservative, you think the left would be falling all over themselves with how moderate his administration has been. He started out letting Teddy Kennedy write his education bill, he pushed foward the largest entitlement program in decades with his prescription drug program, he almost got an amnesty program for illegal aliens passed, and he rolled over on drilling in Anwar and off the coast of Florida; yet the left derides him as a uber-right wing fascist diabolical idiot genius thug. The few things he has done right from a conservative standpoint were standing up to the islamofascists and recognizing that war had been declared on us as far back as the Jimmy Carter administration and that we were too complacent to recognize it. Even the absolute tizzy people get themselves into over Iraq is laughable -- it's not like the US military was not flying daily missions over Iraq before 2003. I have yet to hear anyone say that the world would be better off with Saddam still safely esconced in power, sawing off peoples' hands with sawz-alls and cutting out the tongues of dissidents.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Oh, the long long long list of cool tools, especially the very specialized ones. And it's great to be able to say "Well gee honey, stone countertops are great - but I'm gonna need some new tools - in order to save US a ton of money.".

Reply to
charlieb

I don;t know why he is deranged either.

Were he a conservative he would be much better liked, even by a fair number of folks who opposed him.

He may not be more dishonest and destructive than the average politician, but he and his administrators are more patently and obviously dishonest and destructive than most.

Example:

We were told that Saddam Hussein had rebuilt his WMD factories. UNMOVIC inspected them and found they were still bombed-out ruins. Then we were told that WMDs had been moved to forward positions and Iraqi field commanders authorized to sue them. The Iraqis abandoned those positions and our troops overran them and found no WMDS. Then we were told that WMDs were hidden in the Sunni Triangle. Barring empty shells recovered from dumps and a couple of unexploded munitions that were probably duds recovered from old battlefields or test ranges (the firing band was missing from at least one) no WMD turned up in the Sunni triangle.

Then someone says "He trucked them to Syria." and there are some idiots, er, excuse me, dickheads, who believe that story.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Oh, and the Israelis would be okay with that. WMD's next door in Syria. Right-e-o

Robatoy

They sure weren't reluctant to bomb Syria's nuclear facilities.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Exactly.

Reply to