Quality of fasteners at McMaster-Carr

Are the screws, bolts, and nuts of good quality at McMaster-Carr? I want to buy 100 count boxes of common screws, bolts, and nuts so I don't have to run to the hardware store all the time. McMaster-Carr is probably 50% less expensive than the hardware store.
I needed a bunch of hinges and other hardware items and ordered them from McMaster-Carr. Part of the order was not what I was expecting and I ended up rebuying at the local hardware store.
Brian Elfert
For screws I recommend McFeeley Screws. For nuts and bolts, you will get a consistent quality if you order by grade.

I get just about all of my fasteners from McMaster, including stainless steel square drive woodscrews, and have been very happy.
Plus, they show up in a day or two.
Bill.
Brian Elfert wrote:

We use them at work. They are a pretty good grade, equal to most any industrial supply house.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
Brian Elfert wrote:

Lately, I've been using www.barnhillbolt.com
Brian Elfert wrote:

they have good product. for a brand choice go to www.mscdirect.com they let you choose the brand. prices and shipping is usually pretty much the same.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Brian

McMaster-Carr is probably 50% less expensive than the hardware store.
I do this several times a year. Always Stainless Steel. And order by grade if possible. If they don't list your side just query them. They usually have it. I also find the price saving greater than 4:1. And the selection seems to be endless. Bob AZ

As others have said, when buying nuts and bolts, stick with the grade you want (grade 5, grade 8, etc.) and you should be fine. The local McMaster-Carr warehouse is in the industrial part of my town, so I just pop by will-call on my way home.
todd
Does anyone have a good URL for a description of the grades available?
todd wrote:

What exactly do you want to know? McMaster tells you what specs they meet, give material descriptions, give descriptions of the types available. Ed

Is this what you are looking for:
http://www.unified-eng.com/scitech/bolt/boltmarks.html
Regards,
JT