Q for Unisaw 100, How To Make A Zero Clearance Insert With 2WOVTLTMWMMBSWTVHC?

Hey Uway,
Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop, that's a bit pricey.
I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in the back of the fridge since she left. I can't throw it in the compost pile 'cause I finally got the nitrogen ion-bounce balance adjusted just right for my pvc dust collection grounding rod that's sticking in it, so could I just shellac the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc and use it for inserts? By now, it's a little harder than standard MDF, and the color's certainly right-- there's a purplish sheen of mold starting on the edges.
I figure I could adjust the height of the insert with strands of Capellini, or if I need more height, #9 Spaghetti. Should be a no-brainer there, and EZ on the budget.
I don't think I should flatten the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc insert on my P-Matic 54A, do you? I could probably use the cheese grater for that. Right? Do you know what pound cut O'Deen recommends for shellacing mold?
Thanks for all yer hep,
Michael
Michael Baglio

Michael...
And the cost of having your wife see this lovingly-made guck installed on your table saw would be... ?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Zero. It wasn't purple when she baked it. :)
Michael
In typed:

Priceless?
I cant believe you guys left out the most important step in making sheetrock inserts! No one mentioned the all important key step of taping and using joint compound all the way around the insert to prevent it from flying out when in use. Also this makes is absolutely flush with the table top (after sanding of course) and provides for a much better finish for paint. Which by the way I suggest going to an automotive supply store and getting some good Dupont products for a long lasting durable finish. Just watch out that Jeff Gordon doesn't come a knockin to try and get some endorsement money from it! ;-)
Jim
"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" <mbaglio<NOSPAM> wrote in message

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:49:39 GMT, "James D Kountz"

Well, the DuPont Purple may have a certain Nascar appeal, but I think there's more cach to having inserts that have been "naturally aged."
Why settle for Jeff Gordon when you can go for Emeril? "BAM!!! You're a dado."
Michael ...this is getting beyond silly...
Ok I'll give you that one BUT! How many times a year does your wife make the tofu stuff? Will you have enough material available to keep up with then number of inserts needed? A gallon of paint and some joint compound could last quite a while in the proper storage conditions! ......*chuckle chuckle*
Jim
"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com>" <mbaglio<NOSPAM> wrote in message wrote:

Tape a piece of cardboard up to the underside of the insert opening in the tablesaw. Make sure it's somewhat rigid cardboard, you don't want sags or leaks. Make sure the blade is installed.
Now, fill the depression you have created in the tablesaw top with something pastelike such as bondo, plaster, joint compound, wood filler, gorilla glue, or whatever you've got growing in your fridge (cream cheese?). Allow the substance to dry, and run the blade up through it. Voila! Instant zero-clearance insert. You may have to chip it out to replace it.
--
Jon Endres, PE
Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

I see where some of the catalogs have injection molded inserts for sale. could you inject it with something?

Jello! If you use the strawberry flavor and then spray it with some of that spray hardener that the old lady uses at that fingernail shop. BAM! Instant insert! I don't know what results you will get with the lime green jello so be careful!

Mark Hopkins wrote:

I've heard that the lime green jello insert will fluoresce if you install a UV light inside the cabinet. I think I'll just put sparkles in the gullets of my wobble blade, turn off the lights, and watch the show...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

From what I hear, if you don't want them to sag, silicone would be the injection moulding compound of choice. Of course, YMMV.