Zero clearance bandsaw insert

Hey all;

Picked up a zero-clearance nylon bandsaw insert the other day at the wood show. (Actually, they were giving them away with the purchase of phenolic guide blocks, something I wanted to pick up anyways).

Anyhow, does anyone have any brilliant tips on cutting straight and clean on these things, or do I just wing it?

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
Colin B.

I just turn mine over and follow the molded area for the kerf. You'll burn your way to the proper width as you use it.

Note that the low clearance will leave more dust on the table than the big gap that allowed some to get below to the DC.

If you have a Delta saw and your circle doesn't have the nib to reference it, think stickum.

Reply to
George

Luck and persistence?

I bought a 3 pack and the 1st was silly, the 2nd, which I sort of dragged across the old insert, was better.. I got frustrated and bored a hole on a piece of 3/4" thick scrap, put the insert into it and used my fence to cut it 1/2 way through..

I works well, but like George said, makes more dust on the table..

All in all, I don't think it was worth it... I worry about splintering on the TS but not on the bandsaw..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis