Purchase Recommendation - General TS w/ sliding table

I'm planning on buying the Canadian-made 350/650 Table Saw. Does anyone here have thoughts on the saw? And, in particular, on the sliding table option?
Too poor to buy a Felder or a Knapp.
Gary Curtis Trinity County, Calif.
Value vs Cost I consider Grizzly the best out there. JMO
On 14 Sep 2005 16:08:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

A absolutely LOVE my 650, not a single complaint. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Since I bought mine a few years back, prices have gone up $400-500, and I've been offered what I paid for mine, but it's not for sale. <G>
I don't have a sliding table, but use shop made sleds quite often. The cost of a sliding table hasn't justified itself to me, your needs may be different.
Barry
i have the 650, 5 HP, with an excalibur slider. the saw is wonderful, no complaints. the excalibur... generally good, but some complaints. it's just so damn hard to square up...
i thought i was too poor for a felder or knapp, and now i regret not just buying one. if i had to do it over again that's what i would do.
for a cabinet saw, the general is exceptional.
--- dz