Proxxon Mini Grinder

Does anyone have experience with the Proxxon mini grinder, a.k.a. Merlin? I burnt out the one I had in a week, sent it back and got a refund. I think I may have applied too much pressure and either stripped the gears or bearings. I didn't take it apart, voiding the warranty. Anyway, I keep seeing them popping up on ebay (rebuilt or slightly used). I'm considering buying it again, did I just abuse it?
snipped-for-privacy@twcny.rr.com says...

I've had one for a few years now, with the flexible shaft. No problems at all, except for a couple exploding cutting disks.
I originally got it to work Jade, but I guess I am just not patient enough :-[
-P.
marcaf wrote:

If your refering to their little disk grinder - I've had one for a couple of years. Only used the two carbide toothed disk once or twice - WAY too aggressive for my needs. Use the Kurzwell (?) medium and fine curved profile "disks" and the sanding disks for spoons, hand saw handles and other small freehand shaping work. Am experimenting with it on turnings. Works fine for those applications though it's a bit noisy. Variable speed is kind of handy.
What were you using it for?
charlie b