Re: Proxxon/Merlin e-motor mini-grinder vs mini air die grin

Thanks for the info - are you cutting the wood green or cured? - I do most

> of my rough carving on green wood. >

A. Carve cured wood

> Also, what's the noise level like? Comparable to to an angle

grinder

(hounds of hell wail) or more like a dremel/foredom (annoying

whine)?

A. Noise level is not bad about same as drill or router.

> Best, > Harry > > > dteckie wrote: > I just purchased the Proxxon carver a couple of weeks ago. It's light, > minimal vibration and seems to be built solid. I have used it only > once to get the feel of it and was somewhat dissapointed. I have found > the unit to be a bit on the weakside when carving wood. The chain > cutter/carver is not cutting into hardwood as I expected, maybe > carving basswood will be better but haven't tried it. I was planning > on using this unit mainly for roughing out but was dissapointed with > oak and butternut. I amInterested on other feedback from those who are > using it.
Reply to
dteckie

A. Carve cured wood

grinder

whine)?

A. Noise level is not bad about same as drill or router.

light,

Reply to
dteckie

disks all,