Protecting table saw finish

Howdy Well after 5 months I finally got to use my new Rigid table saw. The project is a workbench. I was using a tenoning jig (another new toy - cast iron) and notice that it is starting to mark the surface of the table saw. It's not your typical cast iron top. What can I do to minimize the wearing?
--
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the
great number who are not good. Hence a prince who wants to keep his
Rebel wrote:

is it aluminum? if so, be sure the underside of the jig is super smooth. apply wax (SC Johnson's Paste Wax is a perennial favorite) to the top. Now you know why cast iron tops are used for premium table saws! :)
dave
Thanks for the help, Dave. I believe the saw is aluminum. That's why it's protable. Another lesson learnt. I just hope that I can make the table that SWMBO wants before she finds out how much I have spent on toys (tools) Thanks again Ron

The
cast
saw.
wearing?
Rebel wrote:

look at it THIS way: if you are able to show SWMBO that you actually WORE OUT a table saw, she will realize that you are USING your tools to their utmost and now deserve a more robust hunk of equipment to replace it! :) (there's a silver lining in every cloud...)
dave
Don't know the jig, but is there any way to put an alum plate under the jig?

You can buy UHMW plastic in a very thin TAPE that can be applied to the bottom of the tenioning jig to give you slick patches/strips tha will keep the metal bottom from chewing the table top from most woodworking catalogs
John