Problems nailing oak trim

Page 2 of 2
You CLEARLY don't know what you are talking about here.
David
Battleax wrote:

try cutting the head of a trim nail with side cutters and chucking it in your drill, The nail will drill fine and the hole will always be the right size. -dave

Never tried it, have you? This has been a common practice since shortly after man invented fire and used it to keep his Neanderthal wood shop warm. It actually works very well.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

But not as well as a drill bit

Yeahbut the difference in the way a finishing nail will drill in and the way a bit will drill in isn't worth the mention.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

Here we go again, Actually better than a drill bit in small sizes. The small drill bits tend to load up with debris and you have to clean them out. This is not a problem with spinning a small nail.

My thunder is almost gone, but hard trim nails work better than regular, and you can grind the head off easier than cutting it.
Practice your hammering technique, cheap 3d nails bend easily. Dave