Pro Grade 3M sand paper

Has any one had any experience with this product. I saw it at the paint store a couple of days ago. It has like a thin rubber backing that is almost clear. Flexible and apparently lasts 15 times longer than regular paper. I wonder if it would be a good replacement for the Norton foam backed paper.

Leon

I skeptically bought a pack last week to refinish a piece of furniture....1

50 grit. So far I am pleased with ease of use and effectiveness. Lots of c oves and beads and the paper, make that product, handles them very well. Ah heck, I'm still gonna call it sandpaper. I can't comment on the 15x as I'v e never really tried to see how long sanding material lasts. I would buy ag ain.
Reply to
BillinGA

Might have to try it. Wish you had posted this yesterday, I would have bought some, then. I bought 2 packs of the All Purpose, packs of 20 sheets. I suppose I could exchange them.

Rubberize backing: Wonder if it folds like the All Purpose sheets.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thanks! good to know. I have been using the foam back paper for a few years and it does good but if this will last even 5 time longer it might be a better solution.

Reply to
Leon

It seems to have a silicone based backing. It won't fold like paper and give you a rigid edge. I won't give up traditional paper but intend to use both.

Reply to
BillinGA

Hmmm, won't fold, huh! I might try heating it, a little, see if it folds effectively.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

That would be OK, I almost exclusively use the foam backed paper for easing sharp edges. "If" you have used it in this capacity you understand that this can often raise a splinter. Is this paper resistance to a splinter poking through the backing? Again the foam backed seems to be pretty resistant to this happening. Thanks again for the info.

Reply to
Leon

I think it will fold to a degree but will probably leave you a radius return on the fold vs. the backing being entirely flat back to back.

I don't think this is going to replace paper backed so much as being a better choice for rounded surfaces and easing edges AND lasting significantly longer.

But let us know if you do heat it and how that turns out.

Reply to
Leon