Price for 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw

Anyone have an idea as to the price for a used 18" Variable Speed Delta Scroll Saw. This is the one that uses the rheostat to control the motor speed rather than changing belts. It has the stand and appears to be in decent shape.
BB

Model Number?

I believe it is a Delta 40-650 18" Variable Speed Scroll Saw - Somewhere vaguely back in my mind I remember talking to someone who said the ones with the rheostat would eventually burn out. Any info would be appreciated.
BB

Don't know about that model. I have a 40-601 which was the last American made Delta scroll saw. A great saw, however, it has been out of production for about 14 years, and I'm not sure you can get the electronic module for it anymore. I have an extra just in case.
With any tool, particularly one with electronic components, you should get on the Delta servicenet and make sure that it is still serviced if it is not still in production.
Frank
Thanks Frank - I will check it out. BB

BB wrote:

The last time I checked Delta had one. If I remember correctly, it was around 200.00. I had a 40-601 for 20 years and cut thousands of items out with it. It finally wore out. I ended up tossing it and bought a Delta 350. You can't compare the new to the old. I have been looking for another 40-601 on Ebay. Not much luck.
If you can fix the 40-601, you should. The new and old just don't compare.
wooder