Power Saw

Hi,
I have little skills in woodwork
I have just bought a cheap sliding compound saw. All works OK but the saw rips pieces of wood off the wood it is sawing (hardwood). The blade is a 40 tooth tungsten carbide blade. What is recommended for precision cuts
regards

You need a high quality blade designed for crosscutting. It will probably have more like 65-80 teeth. The blade you have on may be a rip blade.
Frank BTW, you get what you pay for when you shop for saw blades.
"The Old Bloke" wrote in message ... <snip>

g'day Old Bloke, coupla things to try:
- put a waste piece underneath and on top as a sandwich, - are you pulling or pushing the handle (push it), - try some tape on the top,
What timber are you cutting? Is the saw a GMC or Ozito by any chance?
--
Greg

Oops, forgot to mention - try Frank Ketchum's 65-80 tooth blade recommendation first, I'd only use my suggestions for a few cuts at most.
--
Greg