I have the Power!

Dave Plowman asked if there was a secret to getting a straight line when making multiple passes with a power plane.

Looking at my dining room door, I would say the answer to this question is a definite "Yes".

And if anyone finds out what it is, can they let both of us know?

Reply to
Huge

Pencil/marking guage line all along the edge that you "plane down to"....

Clamping bits of scrap wood to the sides of narrow work pieces (like doors) can help with latteral accuracy. If you have them extend beyond the start and end of the work it also helps not snatching or dipping at the start or end of each pass.

Reply to
John Rumm