Powdered Graphite

There have, in the recent past, been posts asking about where to find/purchase powdered graphite.
Just go my latest Brownell's catalog, and they carry powdered graphite, in both a 0.32oz and a 1.4oz size. www.brownells.com
John
Any decent auto supply store should have it. Having been in the automotive business most of my career, powdered graphite was quite common to loosen up stiff door locks.

I don't use it, but instead mix Moly powder in wax - MUCH better lube than graphite, but it is a bit expensive. I get Dow Corning Z Moly powder from MSC, or the Dow Corning 321 Dry Film Lub spray or LPS 842 Dry Moly Sprayfrom MSC for applictions where it would be difficult to apply with a bruish or otherwise apply a wax-moly mix
Am trying some of the Dow Corning moly poweder mixed into BoeShield T9 for a spray-able solution to get both the rust prevention of the BoeShield plus improved lubrication of the moly
John On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:23:50 GMT, "Leon"

ranted:

Manny, Moe, and Jack also carry it (for door locks.)
---------------------------------------------- CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e) http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development ======================================================
Try powdered teflon.... you can get it at model train stores.... the advantage is it is white.

Our local "Ace" hardware carries powdered graphite.

Lowes has it.... try the lock (door knobs & such) section or near where you local hardware store makes keys.
It comes in a pretty small size though.