position of integral drawer slides

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:54:14 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

Drawers that sit on a web frame usually have a small strip glued to the top of the web frame on each side to prevent lateral motion.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:22:21 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

They don't to me and I don't understand that mentality at all. I can understand not wanting the normal side-mounted ball-bearing guides but bottom-mount guides can't be seen. Our Amish-built dining room and bedroom furniture is certainly not "construction grade" and use the bottom-mount self-closing guides throughout. The Cherry isn't even painted! ;-)
IIRC, this is in a bathroom, so humidity is to be expected. Of course it's a personal thing, but I wouldn't use anything other (than bottom mount self-closers).

I need space between drawer sides and partitions so that the sides can clear the face frame.
--

dadiOH
On 10/29/2014 11:02 AM, dadiOH wrote:

And now for an opinion. If you pull the drawer completely out, would it be easier to see the slide to reinsert the drawer if the grove in the drawer side was closer to the top? Just a thought. Otherwise I don't see any advantage.