Porter-Cable Saw Boss Is Great Woodworker Saw

I have a small one-man home woodshop, and breaking down sheet goods used to be a problem along with managing the dust created by the average circular saw, until I got my Saw Boss. The Porter-Cable Saw Boss (6" circular saw with dust nozzle), is a great circular saw for the woodworker in a small shop. It is great for cutting down sheet goods to manageable size for the table saw. Also, I find the dust nozzle is great for keeping down dust when used in conjunction with a P-C dust collection hose and adapter which allows connection to a standard shop vac. I use mine with a 15 gallon fine dust, dual filtration "ShopVac", and when I finish breaking down a 4x8 sheet of plywood, there is no noticeable dust left around! It's great!

All you need is a good straight edge and the dust collection gear and you are all set. One other point is that you also may want to consider investing in a good aftermarket 40T circular saw blade if you want cleaner cuts in high quality plywood. However, if you cut oversize with the Saw Boss and cut to size on your table saw like I do then you don't have to worry as much about the saw blade in the Saw Boss.

With this approach you can size your cutting diagram to cut oversize, and then do your final accurate finish cutting safely on your table saw and also not have to worry as much about all that unhealthy dust.

I know this sounds like a PC advertisement but I'm not affiliated in any way. I am just a fellow serious woodworker slowly moving along the experience curve, from project to project, like many of you.

I would be curious to hear how others have dealt with the sheet good break down and associated dust issues in there small home shops.

Philly

Reply to
Philly

I break mine down outside and let the dust blow away in the wind.

Reply to
Pat

I use a 4-3/4" cordless Makita, with an aftermarket blade. It doesn't throw the dust far, so I sweep up after I'm done. I use foam insulation under the sheets and cut it right on the floor.

Sometimes, I even cut it right in the trailer.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)