Porter Cable 7529 is JUNK!

Well, it seems like I'm the next in line to fall victim to the Porter Cable 7529 router. I bought this about 8 years ago and have barely worn down the brushes 25%, taken great care of it. The speed control aparently went bad and the brushes overheated trashing the armature. Probably $100 to fix it now..
Is it even worth writing Porter Cable a letter of discontentment?

If it makes you feel better but they will probably laugh.

Considering that even P-C admitted a couple of years after its introduction (and several years ago) that it had faults, you'd probably just be piling on with a message to the choir. They replaced the 7529 in their product line with the allegedly improved 8529. It's virtually indistinguishable in appearance from the 7529.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite