plywood storage

Anyone know where to get plans for a roll around storage for sheets of plywood? Or have any sugestions
TheKGBSr wrote:

Couldn't you just take a 2X8 for a base, add castors to it, then construct some sort of light frame with 2X4s to hold the plywood upright?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
When I was a sheet metal worker we used a similar item, although it was constructed of steel and built with a wide base to center the weight. Sort of a rolling A frame. I never trusted the damn thing, the casters were small and caught in every expansion joint on the floor and it always felt top-heavy.

Steal one from the BORG - plan, I mean. Enlarge to have >6 foot supported. Casters smaller if you've got smooth substrate.

I made one based on a photo I can not find now. It's basic but functional: a base about 3'x 8' with a 2x frame; a 3" lip along one long side; 4 trapezodial supports ( about 36"h, 20" base and 12" top ), and some side pieces. By putting the 2 interior supports at 12" and 42" from one end, I made 3 compartments for cutoffs. Be sure to use big castors -- mine are 3", and not big enough. I can send you a rough sketch if you're interested.
Cheers,
Richard
Maybe you're looking for something like these? http://www.backissuestore.com/backissuesstore/sn055.html ("Build a Roll-Around Store-All") http://www.woodshopdemos.com/jrl-38.htm
TheKGBSr wrote:

I went to the web site and this issue is no longer available. Does anyone have a copy that they could photocopy and e-mail or snail mail to me? I would of course pay for the snail mail.
Gerry

Hey Daniel
Thanks for the last link - an interesting web site - much appreciated.
Bobby