Plantation shutters?

Any suggestions for a less expensive source for interior shutters? I don't mind the faux wood type? Although it would seem to me the older type interior shutters, the wooden ones, that allowed for a bit of trimming on the top and sides, would allow homeowners a less expensive way to get that 'custom made' look for a lot less in cost? I don't see any of those available for sale locally anymore. It seems like every place I look offers the 'custom made' shutters at a very high price.
I live in the Raleigh, N.C. area.
td

So that who ever that might have a suggestion, how about indicating which source you are looking for a cheaper price. Might save those giving suggestions some time.
Sun, Nov 27, 2005, 8:20pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth wisely sayeth: So that who ever that might have a suggestion, how about indicating which source you are looking for a cheaper price. Might save those giving suggestions some time.
In other words, details, give details, the more the better. But, don't fel bad, most people don't bother giving enough details.
Might try checking for wooden louvers. I'm not sure how large they make them, but they look like shutters to me. I put a couple in a door, years back, for ventilation. They only cost a few bucks each.
JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.