Planing phenolic

I have some of this that I want to make a zero insert out of for my CMS. Can it be run thru a planer w/o problems. It is 3/4" thick and I need a 1/4" thick piece> Thanks.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Onna 'count of the composition (impregnated paper or cloth) I'm thinking bad idea that might end up with a damaged machine and some shattered phenolic. Actually, I think with carbide knives it "maybe" "might" work.
On the other hand, what about a rabbeting bit with a bearing and just rabbet the outside edge to the thickness needed/required?
Be sure to install your starting pin on the routering table before using bits with bearings and no fence.
Or, on my saw there are tabs where the insert sits. You could use a flat bottom bit (Forstner or multi-spur) and machine down the areas that make contact with the saw.
UA100
Never tried it in a planer but done everything you can imagine to it in a milling machine. It machines just fine but it is extremely abrasive. It will trash your blades in no time and the dust will accelerate wear on your planer. I have done enough of this stuff at work that I won't consider doing any of it at home. You couldn't give me a piece of phenolic.

Instead of phenolic you might want to consider UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight) plastic for your zero clearance insert. It's self lubricating and works much like wood. I think that would be a better choice.
If you do decide to use a phenolic material be sure to wear a mask as it will probably create a LOT of harmful dust (paper or glass or fabric plus resin) when run through the planer. UHMW should create more shavings than dust when run through the planer.
Layne