planing in Toronto

Disclaimer: I'm completely new to woodworking.
I live in Toronto and have a couple pieces of rough 8/4 12" x 5' hard maple that I need planed. Where's the best place to get this done? The lumber yard where I bought it doesn't do planing, are there places that will do this or do I need to purchase a planer? Where do I look?
Thanks,
Dave

Look for a cabinet or millwork shop in the directory. Or a woodworking club.
Patriarch
Hi David, Suggest you go here and ask that question on the forum. Takes a couple of minutes to register. Cheers, JG
http://www.canadianwoodworking.com /
David Grant wrote:

David Grant wrote:

If you are North of Toronto -- Newmarket? I could help. In Toronto -- not worth your trouble.
Decent Planers $269 -- $350 these days -- King, Canuck Tire. Not worth it unless you have future needs.
But sounds like you need to use a jointer as well -- To flatten one side first.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Do you have a business there or a hobbyist? I am in Aurora just below you. Keep my e-mail address/phone number handy if ever I can be of any help or for a gab. It's nice to know there's someone nearby.
Gerry < 905.726.5885 >
G.E.R.R.Y. wrote:

http://woodwork.pmccl.com
Little of both.
See what you think.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
WillR wrote:

I also have one of the el cheapo King routers. They're a knock-off of the Makita. I picked up mine at the Surry Woodworking Show last year for $99. :-)
Like you, I found the plunge springs much too stiff to use it as a free hand plunge router. So I built a router table into a workbench, removed the plunge springs and it's now permanently mounted in the router table. Removing the plunge springs made it much more usable as a table router.
--
Cheers,
Rob