Pool fence in Toronto Canada

Hi,

I would like to fence my pool this spring. Can anyone recommend good compay that does that here in Toronto, Canada? Or maybe it is not a big deal to do it yourself?

Thanks

Excellent idea. Of adequate height; with lockable gate/s of course. Suggest that a good fence 'professionally installed' will demonstrate your responsible action and intent to prevent unauthorised use which could lead to liability on your part. If somebody's pet (or worse a child) falls in. Tragic situation, some years back when two (walking home unsupervised) children from organised swimming at a local park, wandered into a persons backyard decided to swim in that pool and drowned. Homeowner was not home and it was some time before the children were discovered.

Reply to
Terry

You probably need a building permit (unless replacing an existing installation) so the city hall permits office will probably provide specifications.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Thanks for heads up. Callme municipality and find out that no permit is required. After fence installation will be complete, they will send somebody to check (for free) if installation done according to rules and that is it. I want to point that I already have a fence around my property. It is fence inside backyard around pool to secure pool from small children.

I can't answer your question, just here to give unsolicited advice:

I don't know what your local codes require, but fencing around the entire pool is by far the safest set-up when there are children in the house (or ever visiting the house). Using the house as the "fourth side" to the fence greatly increases the chance of accidental drowning.

*moc
Reply to
mike