How powerfull should be shop vac for swimming pool winterization

Hi,

I would like to do this year pool winterization myself (Toronto, Canada) and was wandering how powerfull should be shop vac to properly blow water lines out?

Thanks

Reply to
No

Every pool system I have so far seen has a drain cap at its lowest point, underneath the sand filter. You just take the cap off and put it back (greased) when it stops dripping. A strap wrench helps if difficult of access.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

(Don) must be assuming an above ground pool? Inground pools, I just use a 4HP shop vac. Then fill the lines with recreational vehicle anti-freeze. Why would you be thinking about closing the pool now? It is a great swimming pool season.

TP

Reply to
TP

They never bother with blowing out the lines here. Just fill with an anifreeze and that's it.

Reply to
FDR

OK, I will look for 4HP shop vac. I am just preparing myself ahead for season closing. And I do agree, now it is perfect swimming season.

Thanks for info.

Reply to
No

Reply to
Stuart Benoff

Anybody know if 1.75, 135 psi compressor will work to blow out the lines on an inground pool?

Thanks!

Stuart Benoff wrote:

Reply to
Stuart Benoff

What's your water pressure? Probably less than 80 psi, I'd wager. Now, is 135 > than 80? Then, it will probably do just fine provided you make a good seal on the connection to the compressor, and be sure to turn off the connection to the water supply.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca