Plan needed for Jewel Box with hidden key and keyhole

Greetings,

I have searched for and not found the plans for a Jewel Box with a hidden keyhole and a small compartment in the base to hide the key. I have seen this box several times, at least once as an example for what the plans show how to build. Woodcraft had the plans for sell at one time but now I can not find them at the Woodcraft site.

If anyone knows where I can find these plans, please post a reply or email me.

Thank you, Bill Thomas

Reply to
Bill Thomas

Bill Thomas wrote in news:4VfLc.6165$2o1.383 @news.cpqcorp.net:

While I don't have plans handy...

I recall one in a book called "Puzzles in Wood" (which I have somewhere in storage). Here's a link to a picture and blurb of it.

they use the false books to hide as well as guide the one opening the box. I know Japanese boxes also use complicated inlays to hide the edges between two sections that slide against each other. (Some beautiful work... hope I can do as well one day.)

Sorry its not plans, but that book is supposed to be more descriptive. Hope this helps.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

Greetings,

The URL shows the box. It links to a book on Amazon, which sells used for $147 (eep!). I did find the same title and author for $9.99 at

Product Number 10Q21 .

I would still like to get a set of the plans themselves.

S> Bill Thomas wrote in news:4VfLc.6165$2o1.383

Reply to
Bill Thomas

Hidden locks? Thnk "Cow Magnets!".

No lock mechanism to mortise in, no exterior sliding/ rotating parts and any magnet can be used as the "key" so no key to lose. You can put a magnet on the inside of the bottom of the box to hold the magnet key to the underside of the bottom. Lots of possibilities.

(now if I can figure out how to utilize smoke and mirrors I'd have the makings of a book : ))

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Bill Thomas wrote in news:vJxLc.6224$Py2.1701 @news.cpqcorp.net:

$147? Sheesh... the thing is more of a pamphlet than a book. Whoever finally pays that price will be all that P.T. Barnum hoped for. Maybe for an original... nope, they want $259 for that.

Ah well... good luck.

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

Greetings,

I like this idea and will probably use it, but not for this project. Thanks for post> Bill Thomas wrote:

Reply to
Bill Thomas