Ping: Wasserman & Rosen

What lumber sources do you guys use in the Baltimore Area (assuming you guys are still in the area)?
Dave in Parkville
Hello Dave, Right now I am using Kopp's in Lineboro (410-374-9055) for some unique pieces I can't make at home. I got lucky and picked up lots of nice oak- wide and / or thick, dried and ancient - from two friends with old barns, plus I saved some nice trees for lumber too. A few weeks ago some other poster mentioned that Exotic Lumber in Annapolis had red oak for $2.75 a bf . I have not checked them out but I hope to when I go to Nap town again soon.( http://www.exoticlumberinc.com /) Another place that I used to buy from is Reisterstown Lumber (410-833-1300 I think, it's been a while sinc ei called them). They are close to 795 off of the Beltway. They have/had a good mill and a huge supply of oak, maple, walnut, etc. Red oak is what I use for most of my projects. Marc (in Millers, near Prettyboy Reservoir)
David Bridgeman wrote:

I go to freestate timbers in Timonium. It's located in a warehouse just off I83 near the fairgrounds. Very laid back place with a big selection and a dog. They can do the usual thicknessing and planing. They have a selection of burls and slabs which look quite interesting.
Check them out.