Ping Tom (tomeshew)

Hey man, I found this kind of amusing. BAD is using your signature line in rec.photo.digital (couldn't he come up with his own?)

Woodchuck Bill

Bill wrote:>Hey man, I found this kind of amusing. BAD is using your signature

Well, not exactly. He's left out the comma after "Someday"! A "designer sig". I suppose imitation_is_ the sincerest form of flattery. I"ll say that to anyone I hear complaining about something that can't be altered, adding "and you won't have to worry about it anymore". Thanks. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

still following me around, ASS-HOLE? got no life?

M-O-R-O-N!

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Bay Area Dave

the line was appropriate, in case you hadn't noticed. there's no copyright on "someday it'll all be over" you stupid TWIT!

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave wrote in news:45goc.7370$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Funny how upset you got at Charlie Self for using such vulgarity. What a 2 face.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

now, now Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

that wasn't the word, MORON!

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave,

Do you really think anybody in their right mind will take anything you have to say seriously if you answer people like you do? I responded like this to you in the past and you almost seemed like you understood but I must have been mistaken.

Really, you sound like a deranged Herman Munster--a grown man who acts like a child. When you respond like this, I bet if conjures up images of Herman clenching his fists and jumping up-and-down in the midst of a tantrum. Even as a little kid, I don't remember having any empathy for him; I just laughed AT him.

When people act in a similar fashion in a newsgroup, the same thing happens.

Listen, what you are doing is immature and, well, stupid. And don't come back with a childish phrase like "...but HE started it!" or "...but HE deserved it for what he said about me!" or anything in the same vein.

I am going to paraphrase what I told you before about you sounding like a sports talk-show host in Pittsburgh who talks smack and wonders why nobody intelligent ever calls in and talks to him: it is because of of the harsh, beligerent, sarcastic, and downright rude things he says and does to callers. As a result, only the people who call are either on the slow side or who love being railed call in.

Give it a rest. Not everybody is going to agree with you. That's life. If they give you a sarcastic remark, so what?! You give enough of them. But the rest of us are supposed to take your sarcastic remarks and laugh at them and give you a pat on the back? C'mon! Give us a break.

All this silly schoolyard bickering has made what was once a wonderful place to hang out into a second-grade free-for-all.

We went out for ice cream after my son's jazz band concert last night--a lot of the sixth-grade band members were there. In another line, there was a team of eight-year-olds baseball players who were pushing and shoving and doing all kinds of things second-graders do. It was a little painful to the ears but we knew that was they way they were. Our kids started to get caught up in in a little and began to sort of act that way--until all us parents stopped them. We told them

8-year-olds can act that way but when you hit 12, you don't...how much more for an adult?

Please. Stop this bickering and trying to always get the last nasty word in. It isn't only you, Dave, but you seem to be in the middle of

*all* the stupidity that has been going on in here in recent months.

Reply to
Ray Kinzler

snipped-for-privacy@thesafety.net (Ray Kinzler) wrote

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

Woodchuck Bill wrote

Ray, I happen to read both rec.photo.digital and this group too. I've been around for years. I still have a really bad taste in my mouth over BAD's recent attempted smear campaign of Charlie Self...I'm sure my sentiments are echoed in here by many others. Then I see Dave starting to become a more prominent baiter in the digital photography group. Check his posts over there. He hasn't contributed anything about photography or camera equipment. All of his posts over there are flame war content. Then I see Tom's sig in one of BAD's posts over there. I thought Tom would find it as amusing as I did, so I posted it over here. Big deal.

Dave should leran to put up with a little crap, with as much as he dishes out at others. And he thinks that the word "*sshole" is not profanity. What a jerk. It is one of the 7 banned words from TV and radio by the FCC, along with "f*ck" and "c*nt". I don't mind if anyone swears, but Dave DOES seems to care, and the double standard of his shows that he is not sincere...just a trouble maker.

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill
*sshole! Feel better?

seems like you are on a "smear" campaign of your own, UpChuck.

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave wrote in news:_Sqoc.7490$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Bite me, Homer.

It doesn't bother me if you cuss.

It bothers me that you made such a big deal about Charlie...then you go around cussin. Double standard.

One more thing, Homer....and I quote Charlie Self:

"Fuck you, doggie"!

Reply to
Woodchuck Bill

I'm done with your baiting. talk to the hand. over and out.

dave

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave,

Listen, if you don't like the crap you get from others, do not be so quick to respond like you did. Sit back. Take a big breath. Relax. And move on. It's these 'shooting from the hips' approach you take that rubs people the wrong way.

There are several times you have a real contribution or opinion you make to the group but anything and everything you say will either fall on deaf ears or be responded to in a persnickity manner.

Let's just say your approach just ain't workin', Dave...try another way.

Reply to
Ray Kinzler

I agree with you Ray! :)

dave