PC 8529 for spinning Panel bits in a table?

is the Porter Cable 8529 2HP plunge more than enough for spinning a large raised panel bit in a a table application. I was planning on getting either a Triton 3HP or the PC 7518 3HP, but considering the great deal on these at HD for $100, I picked up two and am wondering if that is sufficient?
thanks in advance
hda

either
at
It doesn't have variable speed, does it? That will be more -- Jim in NC of a problem.
"A.I." writes:

<snip>
I wouldn't.
Remember those large bits are usually limited to about 8,000 RPM.
Where does that leave your 8529?
--
Lew

the 8529 can go to as low as 13000 rpm

large
Southland)

large
Jesada recommends 12,000 for a bit up to 3-1/2" in diameter, 16,000 up to 2-1/2", 18,000 up to 2", and 24,000 for 1" and smaller.

either
at
Absolutely NOT more than enough. Can you use it for that purpose? Yes, a time or two with multiple passes until the desired cut is reached. If you plan on wearing that bit out, get a bigger router.
How often would you want to pull a 30' travel trailer behind a Chevy S-10 PU vs. a full sized and equipped PU.
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:41:05 GMT, "Leon"
snip

friends don't let friends drive bow ties *G*
Traves