Parts for thirty-year-old saw

Page 2 of 2

Actually, they are a common store item. The extensions haven't changed in decades.

No need. Just need to match up the table depth.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

'last time I was in a store, the only thing that had was the light/cheap aluminum extensions. My saw, at least, has solid cast iron extensions. I kind of like the extra mass to subdue vibration and such. YMMV...

I imagine it can vary from store to store, but I bought cast extensions right at the local store.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Try ebay if all else fails. I've seen bunches on there

Cool. My situation is that for reasons that aren't really relevant, I've let my shop fall into disuse for about 20 years and I'm just trying to get it back in shape as efficiently as possible.
On Mon, 19 May 2008 17:26:16 -0400, Richard Evans

Yes side extensions are available,
The part number for 27" solid cast iron ones is 00918637000
Order it off their website for $69.99 at
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00918637000P?keyword918637000&sLevel=0
cheers
I have a couple of stamped steel ones in the garage that you can have. Just pay shipping.
dayvo wrote:

I have read on this forum of some people buying cast iron wing from Harbor Freight and redrilling them for other saws. Inexpensive I would think.
Scott.