OLD CRAFTSMAN RADIAL SAW 10''

Help can some one help me find out what size table need for this saw its a model 113.29450 built in 1972. It has three (3) sections Table front part

63277,Table rear part 63278, and Table spacer part 63279. Also would like pattern for holes for front table. Thanks Mike
Reply to
MIKERLLY

Go to this site to see if your saw is eligible for a new blade guard:

it is, you will get a new table also.

Reply to
GreenLight

From the following post on the Radial Saw Forum

"The way I size tables for the big saws is: 6" wider than the frame (3" on each side); I set the table depth by using the saw with a blade installed, so that when the saw is fully retracted (resting against the column), a square touching the very front edge of the blade (tangent) would have it's heel point resting where the back of the fence would set. To set the front edge of the table, I pull the saw fully forward, and square down from the center of the arbor shaft. From that point, I add 1-1/2" so the kerf will be on the table through it's entire pull from the fence to the front.

It's harder to describe this than it is to do it. A lot depends on what diameter blade is used. Obviously if you use a 12" blade on a 16" saw, the table would be 2" wider (1/2 of the 4" difference), and if you were to use a

16" blade on a 14" saw, the table would be 1" narrower."
Reply to
Rumpty

I should be, I think I had that exact model saw. A friend was storing it in my shop, with usage rights for me. I found out about the recall, and got a new top/guard for it. VERY nice setup. new 1" MDF top.

I then laid a much wider/deeper plywood top on that, but had issues with keeping the ply flat against it (using the ply for a sacrificial layer).

After the friend took the saw back, I picked up a 3yo one from a co-worker. Stickers are different, and the motor's now rated for 3hp "mad dev", 1.5 continous. Same top/guards as the recall had, and the same slop in the guide for pulling the saw along (1/16" side-to-side wiggle at the table-top-level), which is my ownly complaint (aside from it not being a 12-14" so that I can cut more than 4" thick wood on it... Need a bandsaw.

The new saw doesn't have a sacrificial layer on it, and I'm not getting the problems with the depth of cut changing on me depending on the length of cut that I had with the sacrificial plywood down.

-Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Wood

with keeping the ply flat against it (using the ply for a sacrificial layer).

1/4" luan makes a good sacrificial layer. Nail it down using aluminum brads.
Reply to
Rumpty

If I understand you correctly that's adjustable. If you don't have the jon Eakes book you might want to get it--it tells how to adjust that.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The recall works. I called in my model and serial number, and a HUGE box arrived about 10 days later. So far, I've only had time to peek. There is definitely a new front, rear, and spacer table in there. There's also a full blade guard assembly with lots of extra pieces. I'm looking forward to working on it this weekend.

Russ

Reply to
Russ