Particle Boad screws

Page 3 of 3
I drilled new holes for the sheet metal screws. The sheet metal screws were 5/8" long and 3/16" in diameter O.D.
The screws pulled out of the particle board when I was typing (not when sliding the keyboard shelf in and out).
Re: Elevator bolts: I don't want to drill the holes all the way through the particle board.

gary wrote:

Can you make due with a fastener that goes all the way through? You may sleep better?

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 12:58:06 AM UTC-4, gary wrote:

Good luck with your project.
To KRW:
The screws (or other fasteners) will be in the BOTTOM (i.e., underside) of the particle-board desktop.
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 22:21:49 -0700 (PDT), gary

In this application screws will definitely not work. You will need to use an adhesive. Another alternative would be to add additional structure.