Paint remover

I have found Citistrip the best paint remover I have ever used. However it says it will remove polyurethane (it will not even touch it) but all other things it works great on. Also I have some truck aluminum running boards that the anti slip strips needed replacement. they were a pressure type adhesive. I tried , 1 mineral sprits, 2 lacquer thinner, 3 acetone, 4 MEK. None of these would soften it. Then tried Citistrip and in about 10 minutes it was wiped off. I had a sample of it to try, now going to buy a 1/2 gallon. Found best price at Home Depot. Just thought I would let you know about the polyurethane. WW

I ran across the best finish remover I've ever used today. My wife spilled one of those little bottles of air freshener that plugs into an outlet onto the top of our dresser. It stayed there no more than 10 seconds from the time it was spilled until I had wiped it off with a towel. In that time it removed both the finish and stain to bare wood (actually veneer).
Not sure what is in that concoction but it sure as hell removed the finish FAST!
Larry