Paint removal, wood and metal

I was going to remove paint which is on wood and metal handles do I need to take any precautions or will the stripper work on both the wood and metal? Thanks Mike
Mike wrote:

The paint on the metal might come off faster but other than that either should work pretty much the same. Don't be surprised if the wood parts require a 2nd coat of stripper. Just do what the directions tell you to do and you'll be fine.
Scott
up later, the damage remains.