OT: "Windows Live Mail" format question

Page 1 of 2

Does anyone know how to get "Windows Live Mail” to append "> ” to the beginning of each line of quoted text?
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Please explain how this is even remotely related to woodworking.
Other than using Live Mail to access this newsgroup it's not. That's why I marked it OT.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Go to the top and click on "tools" in the bar on top. In that drop down menu that appears, click on "options" at the bottom When a new box appears, select the "send" tab Go down to "mail sending format", and select the box for "plain text". Click on "plain text settings". The box that appears has the setting you are looking for, to check or uncheck.
--
Jim in NC

Except the 2011 version does NOT have a "tools" on the top bar.
On 1/21/11 3:07 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

You really don't know what "OT:" means?
--

-MIKE-

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:07:25 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Please learn to connect the "OT:" in the header with the thought "I think I'll just skip this message." Gordon.
It makes life easier.
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nova wrote:

You cannot, it's that simple. Microsoft in its wisdom has deleted this facility - many user of Windows Live Mail use a line (as above) to differentiate between the original post and their reply.
When you get used to WLM, could you please change your settings to Plain Text rather the HTML as it is a little more secure from viruses etc - not much but its better than nothing. Also the text reads better.
On 1/21/11 2:51 PM, Nova wrote:

You can't, unless you are willing to do it manually. I personally prefer using a separate program for email and usenet. Various reasons, including accidental emails being posted to usenet.
Download another program for usenet, would be my recommendation.
--
Froz...

What is Windows Live Mail?
Tim W
On 1/21/11 5:51 PM, Tim W wrote:

come with OE.
--
Froz...

Tim W wrote:

The successor to Windows Mail in Microsoft Vista - which was the successor to Outlook Express in Windows XP.

Thanks,
Always like to be a couple of versions of Windows behind.
Tim W
Your not that far behind. Up until last week I was using Netscape Navagator 4.79 for newsgroups.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 23:07:16 +0000, Tim W wrote:

I'm so far behind my OS is called Linux :-).
Come to think of it, that should be "ahead".

"Windows Live Mail" is the Microsoft replacement for "Outlook Express" in Windows 7.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Is this what you're looking for?
This will indent > the entire message being replied to, but only in plain text mode.
In Windows Live Mail Version 2008
TOOLS OPTIONS SEND uncheck - Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent
then go down to - News Sending Format
then select - Plain Text
then set plain text settings Plain Text Settings... Indent the original text with '>' when replying or forwarding. -
There was no option to "Indent the original text with '>' when replying or forwarding" under the "Plain Text" button, but unchecking " Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent" seem to do the trick.
Thanks.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

That, sadly, has been eliminated in the 2011 version.

Ahh. I missed the fact that he was in the 2011 version. I downloaded that, and immediately went back to the old, while I still could.
I don't ever use the option for my computer to update windows automatically. I select what to ignore, as I like.
--
Jim in NC