OT Wheelchair

Page 2 of 2
On 6/20/2012 4:07 PM, Bill wrote:

Humor is important to me. I fancy myself a funny guy. I had lost my sense of humor for a while during my illness. Worse, I *knew* I had. Having a sense of humor isn't so much about about *saying* funny things, it's about recognizing the absurdity all around us; for instance, a weakened man using a still weaker drill. That made me chuckle, even at the time. I took it as a sign that I was on my way back.
On 6/20/2012 4:21 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Our minds don't seem to change, but our bodies sure do. Amazing how, after a certain age, each passing year puts a dent in actual physical capacity, but not in our perceived capability.
Never one to back away from any physical challenge, during a college boxing event I volunteered to spar an exhibition round with a world heavyweight contender at the time, Cleveland "The Big Cat" Williams. (I tried not to hit him too hard, didn't want to piss him off) :)
Now, even though I still _think_ I could kick someone's ass, I'm basically tickled pink when I get a full sheet of 3/4 plywood out of the truck by myself. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

I have observed beer to magnify the difference even more! %-)

And all this time, I thought "Swingman" was a musical reference!
DuckBill

You would be right on both counts. :)
--
www.ewoodshop.com

One of the reasons I got the Festool track saw. I just have to get it down on my 2" styrafoam pad. Also paid someone to do the sheet rock in the shop expansion. 30 years ago in the first shop build we put up 4x12 sheets on the ceiling, now I would need lift equipment. 8-))
Mike M

Due to the health issue I mentioned, I was treated to a roller coaster ride as regards apparent age and vigor. I went from middle-aged and quite out of shape to (effectively) aged and enfeebled in the space of a few months, only to recover (again in just a few months), and find myself forty pounds lighter. Since then I've taken to walking 20 miles a week. It's been over a year. Although still no physical specimen, I'm in better shape now than I have been in 15 years. Life can be a pretty weird ride.