OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Now you know how I feel about the guy that was standing out side and be charged for something that did not happen.

Reply to
Leon

Same thing with the buddy standing out side.

Reply to
Leon

Same applies for the guy standing out side until we learn, at the beginning of this thread it was not known, what he confessed to.

Reply to
Leon

I haven't had a gun since then other then a rifle with ammunition so old I'd probably be safer having it pointed at me then shooting it. I guess when they cut the police force to where you have to protect yourself I'll reconsider.

Mike M

Remember; when every second counts the police are only moments away.

Max

Reply to
Max

Consider that guns have been being registered in some form for many years. Now consider the fact that many people still think that registration should implemented. Now consider that nothing has improved.

Reply to
Leon

If it makes it to court at all. More than likely it will be thrown out if felony murder charges are brought up.

Reply to
Leon

Uh, the approved quote is "... MINUTES away."

Recall the gal in Oklahoma who recently blew away a berserker breaking into her house? The one where the 911 dispatcher said "... do what you have to do..."?

It took the cops TWENTY-ONE MINUTES to respond!. To a home invasion in progress.

Pitiful.

And educational.

Reply to
HeyBub

Only if the buddy in no way helped the assailant. It's true that when the ass-hat kicks down the door, the buddy has no duty to intervene, but in the instant case, the buddy was an active, willing participant in the crime.

Reply to
HeyBub

Absolutely no difference at all. The perp is a criminal because he used a gun. The provenance of the gun is completely irrelevant to his crime.

Uh, no. They are concealed. The squint would have to tear up the house to find them while I can put my hands on one in mere seconds.

Huh? I hold the BATF should be ABOLISHED. Root & branch. Cremated and the ashes scattered. Take no chances is my motto.

So we lock up those tempted, or driven, to illegality. Same result: less crime.

Reply to
HeyBub

The courts have held that police have no responsibility to prevent crimes. It could be that that extends to responding to a crime in progress in a timely manner, but I'm guessing.

Their primary responsibility is capturing a perpetrator *after* a crime has been committed.

Preventing a crime appears to have been left up to us the citizens, but of course, with rare exceptions, we're not allowed to harm a criminal to do so.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:02:59 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

You can't argue your way out of an immutable fact Mike. Criminal elements and organizations have been exporting guns to Canada for a long time. That's fact. Tracking information (where it exists) goes a long way in the fight to prevent this trafficing.

As I said before, every little bit of information in this fight, helps. Registration is just a part of that fight. You want to call it a small part? Fine, I'll give you that, but the basic premise still stands.

Reply to
Dave

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:56:22 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Registration promotes responsibility. Before I bought my first hand gun, I had to go through some form of training, belong to a gun club and wait a specific period before getting my first gun. I didn't want to jeopardize my gun ownership, so I was careful to adhere to my responsibilities. That's just the start. There are other advantages.

If you want to label registration as a feel good endeavor, that's entirely your prerogative. I see it as more than that. My prerogative.

Reply to
Dave

And we'll never know the outcome, because in a few days, it'll be some other earth shaking "breaking news" to distract the media and all will be forgotten about this incident. (i've forgotten most of it already if it weren't for this thread). Anyone remember when we were all gonna be killed by anthrax or the bird flue? How about H1N1? That ring a bell? It's all bullshit.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yep, sounds weird, right? But that's what I read somewhere, but where? This is possibly a better guide:

swai is definitely cheaper than tilapia, for now anyway.

Reply to
Han

Now that tilapia is US farm raises, swai, the import, is out. ;)

Ha! I just got done reading the articles there myself. There are lots of fish with high mercury levels shown there.

Both tilapia and swai have been running between $3.50 and $5/lb here, usually within 50 cents of each other in price. It's all either frozen or previously frozen here.

Something I haven't tried yet is a swaiburger.

may try one tomorrow. I'll be passing through Medford.

-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

>But swai is definitely cheaper than tilapia, for now anyway.

Great, in a few days I'll be nest to Medford, MA ;-)

Reply to
Han

Great, I won't see you. I meant Medford, OR, as I'm sure you knew.

-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Han

If you're talking about the Mayan calendar, I don't think their calendar predicted the end of the world. I think they just ran out of room on the stone.

We just didn't find page two.

Reply to
HeyBub

Mayan people have produced a new calendar (page 2) that continues for many more years. I have three of them.

One of the better advertising gimmicks using Internet suckers from the 21st century. It works and is a $billion (US) industry. I frequent the place twice a year and hope I see the end staring there. I am still waiting.

Perhaps some Jehovah Witnesses can shed some light on how their "end of the world" is going??

We just didn't find page two.

---------- Mike Marlow wrote: Yup it is - 'cause the whole damned earth is gonna blow up, or disappear in a vapor, or sumptin' else, later this year. Just ask the Myans. It's true - I read it on the internet...

Reply to
Josepi