OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Page 10 of 11

That's a whole other kettle of fish ...
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

If it's Saturday, it must be Lutefisk.
-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Since my daughter in law is from North Dakota I have taken the obligatory bite of lutefisk. It took hours before that foul taste was out of my mouth. I had leftovers from yesterday's swai. Just microwaved with some kind of dill mix over it. At $6/lb it was delicious, and held up well to warming up ...
--
Best regards
Han

I wonder how much Agent Orange is left in the mud over there in swai country...but, yeah, swai is pretty good. Why is some tilapi sweet and mellow, the other very fishy? Is it just old fish before it's frozen?
-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

I switched from tilapia to swai because of price and apparent greater sustainability. And it also tastes better, IMO.
--
Best regards
Han

Yep, sounds weird, right? But that's what I read somewhere, but where? This is possibly a better guide: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx But swai is definitely cheaper than tilapia, for now anyway.
--
Best regards
Han

Now that tilapia is US farm raises, swai, the import, is out. ;)

Ha! I just got done reading the articles there myself. There are lots of fish with high mercury levels shown there.
Both tilapia and swai have been running between $3.50 and $5/lb here, usually within 50 cents of each other in price. It's all either frozen or previously frozen here.
Something I haven't tried yet is a swaiburger. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seafood-Doctor-Inc/177452212299551 I may try one tomorrow. I'll be passing through Medford.
-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Great, in a few days I'll be nest to Medford, MA ;-)
--
Best regards
Han

Great, I won't see you. I meant Medford, OR, as I'm sure you knew.
-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Yep
--
Best regards
Han

Again, that will be for the jury to decide, not rec.woodworking.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On 1/7/2012 9:07 PM, Larry W wrote:

If it makes it to court at all. More than likely it will be thrown out if felony murder charges are brought up.
On 1/8/2012 8:48 AM, Leon wrote:

And we'll never know the outcome, because in a few days, it'll be some other earth shaking "breaking news" to distract the media and all will be forgotten about this incident. (i've forgotten most of it already if it weren't for this thread). Anyone remember when we were all gonna be killed by anthrax or the bird flue? How about H1N1? That ring a bell? It's all bullshit.
--
Steve Barker
Mike Marlow wrote:

If you're talking about the Mayan calendar, I don't think their calendar predicted the end of the world. I think they just ran out of room on the stone.
We just didn't find page two.
Mayan people have produced a new calendar (page 2) that continues for many more years. I have three of them.
One of the better advertising gimmicks using Internet suckers from the 21st century. It works and is a $billion (US) industry. I frequent the place twice a year and hope I see the end staring there. I am still waiting.
Perhaps some Jehovah Witnesses can shed some light on how their "end of the world" is going??
---------- Mike Marlow wrote: Yup it is - 'cause the whole damned earth is gonna blow up, or disappear in a vapor, or sumptin' else, later this year. Just ask the Myans. It's true - I read it on the internet...
On 1/7/2012 7:48 AM, Larry W wrote:
> A group of people are standing on a cliff on a dark night. One of them > tells another, "Go ahead and jump off. There's a lake at the bottom." > He does so, falls on to the rocks, and dies. The others in the group > testify in court that this is what happened. The jury is satisfied as to > the veracity of their testimony and convicts the defendant of murder. > > Substitute "Break in to that trailer" for "Go ahead and jump." Seems > logical enough to me.
Considering your previous illogical and totally irrelevant table saw blade remark in this thread, your invoking the concept of "logic" in the above can be safely ignored.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 13:48:09 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

If the intent was to kill the guy, it's the same as breaking i to the trailer if the guy dies breaking in.
A more likely charge in the cliff incident would be manslaughter or criminal negligence causing death.

Leon wrote:

Blame King John when he agreed to the Magna Carta in 1215. This document established the Common Law as binding on all.
Over 800 years, the felony murder rule has been softened quite a bit...
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:21:17 -0600, Leon wrote:

Leon, I hope you read the responses explaining what felony murder is. You may not agree with it, but that's the law. You wanna' commit a felony? Them's the risks you take.

On 1/6/2012 5:19 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

My bet is that Leon is well aware of what felony murder is. What he is doing is reacting as a logical individual with common sense and respect for reality would instinctively do when confronted with the practice of legal fiction.
His recognition of this as being somehow not what the actual truth would dictate, is as it should be, for the lawyers have perfected it in many subtle ways to play loose with the legal system... just because it is "legal" does not mean it is either right, moral, ethical, logical or, as is evident in this particular case, even anywhere the truth of what actually happened.
Your politicians are masters of the game and, along with the lawyers, use it as their business model ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010