Waa-aay OT but.....

...this group has a wealth of knowledge.

Anyone know of a portable radio with built-in MP3 capabilities at a sensible price? I don't want a personal MP3 player, I want to be able to listen to audible books through a speaker rather than headphones in the garden (which doesn't have any immediate neighbours!)

The only way I can do this ATM is to use my sat nav which has a built in low power fm transmitter and plonk a portable radio alongside. Just doesn't seem very elegant.

Google ain't much help. :-(

Reply to
The Wanderer

The Creative Zen XFi has a speaker and fm radio.

You can use any mp3 player and a £10 set of PC speakers.

Reply to
dennis

In message , The Wanderer writes

The latest Staples flyer had an offer of free MP3 (USB/SD card) radio with any order.

Don't have the flyer anymore,so no details, but the order code is here:

Reply to
chris French

In message , The Wanderer writes

A couple of possibles on Deal Xtreme:

An MP3 player with speakers:

A radio with USB/card slot:

Reply to
chris French

Go look for a Philips AZ 1840, big enough for outdoor use. Dunno about your idea of "sensible", these are around £75.

Reply to
Harry

"The Wanderer" wrote;

We bought two of these, one for ourselves and one for our daughter and we have been very pleased with it.

Reply to
DIY