OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Page 1 of 11
http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html
On 1/5/2012 7:33 AM, Leon wrote:

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html Yeah, I posted a link to that one on Facebook earlier yesterday. One can only imagine how badly it could have gone if she hadn't been armed.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 1/5/2012 8:18 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

Hopefully the AHoles relatives will no come after her for some kind of compensation.
On 1/5/2012 7:33 AM, Leon wrote:

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/oklahoma-mother-18-kills-intruder-breaking-into-her-home-while-on-phone-with-911-27777235.html
defended herself, but now she has killed somebody. The guy may have needed it, but I suspect that she is pretty much traumatized over it. She certainly didn't look very happy on the news last night.
Bill
On 1/5/2012 8:21 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Better traumatized than most of the possible alternatives I can think of.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 1/5/12 8:50 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

I agree with Steve. Life is traumas, and her husband had just died around Christmas, so how do know if she would've looked any different on camera if she'd just wounded the guy?
Taking a human life is a horrible thing but that guy chose to die that day when he chose to break and enter the home of another person.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Taking a human life is a horrible
-MIKE-

Uh........................Not always.
Max, 1st Cavalry Division, Korea, Aug. 1950 - Aug. 1951.
On 1/5/12 10:07 PM, Max wrote:

No Max, it's always horrible. Even though it is often justified, valiant, heroic, and wise, anytime man is forced to play God in deciding when another life shall end, it is also tragic.
I truly thank you for your service, but I'm certain you don't look upon what you had to honorably do with folly.
--

-MIKE-

In a case like this, the guy made a bad choice. IMO, he took his own life by taking the risk of breaking into someone's home. I've never killed anyone, never had the need or desire, but if it comes down to me or you, easy decision.
Ed Pawlowski wrote the following:

It's not always a decision. It's more likely instinct and training. You second guess the decision later. I too, have never taken a life, and for that I am grateful. My last job required that I carry a gun, and I did for 38 years.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
-MIKE- wrote:

Taking a human life can be many things.
Certainly "horrible" is one. In my case, however, it was extremely gratifying. And a relief.
"Max" wrote in message
Taking a human life is a horrible
-MIKE-

Uh........................Not always.
Max, 1st Cavalry Division, Korea, Aug. 1950 - Aug. 1951. ==========================================================Go Cav!
On 1/5/2012 8:21 AM, Bill Gill wrote:

Horseshit!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Han wrote:

Then live with the fact that in some benighted (i.e., liberal) jurisdictions, she did NOT have the right to take a human life unless she was certain her life was in danger (and maybe not even then). She would not be allowed to presume an imminent threat to her life by the actions of the squint. Unless he said "I'm going to kill you," he could just as easily been inclined to merely rape her. She didn't know, hence she was guilty of at least manslaughter.
What's been overlooked in this sorry episode is that she was on the 'phone to 911 for 21 minutes. I can't imagine any urban jurisdiction where it would take the cops more than five minutes to respond to a "home invasion in progress" call.
I take that back. There have been several reports of UK ambulance drivers declining to respond to an emergency call because they were on break.

That sounds close to an incident at a Niagara Falls hopital. An 82 year old women fell down and broke her leg in the hospital parking lot. As security guard went into the hospital to ask for help and was told to call an ambulance.
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111018/woman-breaks-leg-in-hospital-calls-ambulance-111018 /
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

The bothersome thing to me is the BATF killing a woman who was armed with a deadly six-poop baby, in an effort to enforce one of those paperwork laws that Han loves so much.

What's BATF? What's a six-poop baby? I retired because I love paperwork so much that I refused to do anymore.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Also known as the WACO (We Ain't Comin' Out) bandits.

Waco was a very bad job, but that bunch seemed quite nuts to me. YMMV. Anyway, to me it didn't seem necessary to kill them at that time.
--
Best regards
Han
On 1/5/2012 7:36 PM, Han wrote: