OT: Things happen in threes.

End of May, my dad passed away. This evening my sister died as well. (Some may recall some posts about her taking a tumble down some stairs leaving her quadriplegic some 5 years ago now.) In the next few days, my mother will also join them. So, I will be hitting the road/planes/getting my junk fondled by the TSA and seeing some people along the way.
On 7/15/11 8:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Very sorry for your loss. However, still snickering at your last comment. A good sense of humor is great for these times of mourning.
--

-MIKE-

"Robatoy" wrote:

---------------------------------- My condolences.
Based on your descriptions, your sister's death may have been a blessing.
Lew

Well, Lew, the end result was inevitable. Quadriplegics at that age has limited life expectancy. Of course that varies with each case. 5 years is about average. As cold as it sounds, when quality of life gets to be that screwed up, time to go. She actually understood that. So, yup, I have lost my only sister and in the process, BUT I see my nieces and nephew and, most of all, my brother in law get brand new lives. My BIL was an oil man. Friends around the planet and he always wanted to go visit those cities he was stationed at, but as a tourist. Now he can. The blessing part is for her. She no longer suffers.
Sorry for your loss, Rob. Have some good visits along the way.
Sonny

Quadriplegics at that age haVE limited life expectancy. My english prof, who was English, would have murderized me.

I know how it is. My mother and Father went slowly, a few years apart, mostly from just plain wearing out, predominantly mentally. Takes quite a bit of time to fully get used to (at least did for me), but the pain lessens indeed over the years.
On 7/15/11 9:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

So sorry Rob, my deepest condolences.
--
Froz...

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:32:36 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Damned rotten, that. Condolences, Toy.
My mother is having physical problems right now, too, and I think it marks the knee of her descent into the next life. A couple of her disks have degraded and she's getting bursitis in the left hip, and her left leg is so sore she can't sleep or rest on it at all now. My sister took her in for vascular testing and the tech couldn't even get the BP cuff on her leg (uninflated!) without her screaming. I'm a fast walker and Mom always kept right up with me. She's in a 3-wheeled walker now and barely moves. SHIT! I'll see her in a couple weeks.

G'luck with that. I don't envy you. Don't take any liquids or metallic anything and you'll sail right through...into body cavity search. (Eek!)
-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer

Wow, when the rule of three applies, I think of it with public figures, not a personal situation. That totally sucks, My condolences and good wishes for you and your family. It was going to happen, it was just a matter of time. The only consolation here is that you won't have to do this three times.
Good luck, keep your chin up and pay your respects. Move through this the best you can.

Try not to act suspicious and remember, NO JOKES!! Those people do not have a sense of humor.
Well, that's awful. I know there is a silver lining in there somewhere for those involved, but certainly not much for you.
I am very sorry for your losses, and you and Angela will be in my prayers for a while. That's a lot to process.....
Hang in, there buddy.
Robert

My most sincere condolences Rob. I went through some of it many years ago (mother and father, bu no sister), but no words can express how it feels. Just hang on to the good memories and after a while the acute pain turns into this dull ache that is sot of feels good.
Luigi

Rob,
So sorry for your loss. I am thankful that your sister is no longer suffering.
Best Wishes, Steve
On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:32:36 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Sincerest condolences. Can't say the hurt will ever go away, but it does get easier to bear in time.
On 7/15/2011 8:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Sorry to hear about all your losses, it is a test of your metal. It all happens for a reason and it is difficult to understand why. Know that they have all had a profound influence on your life and that is all that matters.
On 7/15/2011 8:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Sorry to hear about your sister, Rob. Linda sends her condolences as well.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Robatoy wrote the following:

So sorry for your loss.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 7/15/2011 8:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Sorry to hear that Rob. We'll be here when you get back.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

My deepest sympathies.