OT They're doing it right!

Page 2 of 3
Swingman wrote:

Like you said, Google owns YouTube. I only mentioned Facebook because, though it seems to be (or was) a hugely-popular site, I don't visit it because of its "cost".
On 10/7/2016 12:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

See if this works for you:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxs1a_N1PXeP2JsobWf1P147TxxcbDS8b

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Nope - not for Lost Lover Blues .. Same message " This video is not available " John T.
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 9:28:48 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Works fine for me. The link gives the entire Live from Austin, TX album. I'm listening to Lost Lover Blues as I type.

Thanks guys - I don't know why this video refuses to load. Sometimes I need to activate Adobe Flash - but the error message is specific to that - this error is " video is not available " ... grrrr . John T.
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 9:09:05 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Hi, this is Coralee from tech support. My name and southern accent will make you think that I am from someplace south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but I am actually located in India.
May I suggest that you clear your browser's cache and cookies and then restart your computer? I can wait while you try that.

Nope - I still haven't found the true reason - many google searches later ... this is one possibility .. ? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Unfortunately YouTube Red has scuppered #Music where that music is generated by musicians/agents for musicians who monetise their videos - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My errror message does not mention "Country" or "mobile device" just "This video is not available. Sorry about that." Clearing the browser and trying IE rather than FireFox didn't help. John T.
On Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 9:33:46 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Are you using YouTube Red? YouTube Red is paid subscription service that removes ads from YouTube and also allows you to use other apps while listening to YouTube on mobile devices. If you are not using YouTube Red to access the links, then that is not the issue.

No - I have not subscribed to YouTube Red - never heard of it prior to doing these google searches for this problem. I suspect that is my problem ... Thanks all. John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

See if this works for you:
https://www.proxfree.com/proxy/
accept the defaults, paste the URL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_rYcG5idc

click the blue 'PROXFREE' box
On Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 11:05:35 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

No, that is not your problem. You posted something about YT Red blocking certain videos as a "possibility" for your issue. My point was that if you are not using YT Red, then that is *not* your problem. If you aren't using YT Red, then videos that are blocked by YT Red don't apply to you.
I doubt that any of us that can view the video are using YT Red. I'm not and I have no problems.
On 10/7/2016 9:20 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Like that, you'll like this:
https://youtu.be/-xEOfdqGCmY
Gotta be GOOD, but NO better way to record, LIVE!!!!!
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

+1
Yes indeed and done without all the autotune crap that's so prevalent in the sh!t that passes for 'music' today.
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 10:39:07 AM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:

My latest favorite Pandora station:
Kelly Joe Phelps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wajUg7LJIw&list=RDWHd2h4eXw1k&index=8

It's not just Kelly Joe, but all the other great artists that Pandora brings to that station.

Not bad at all. I still prefer Anita O'Day though.
On 10/7/2016 9:20 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

I recall seeing them somewhere several months ago. Reminds me of old Dubie Brothers.
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:20:05 +0000, Spalted Walt

She vaguely reminds me of Janis Joplin, soulful, but way, WAY better.
On 10/7/2016 3:18 PM, OFWW wrote:

Maaay-be if she smoked a pack of cigarettes and threw back a few shots of whiskey she would sound more like JJ. ;~)

Yeah, but I could here this lady with the same soul sound, belting out a clean clear voice, and seemed like the same grit determination when watching her belt it out. She sang in a duet with a black lady, older, some song about Mom, and they were both into it.
On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 4:18:47 PM UTC-4, OFWW wrote:

The only similarity I noticed is that they are both female. ;-)
Big Brother and the Holding Company w/Janis Joplin
"Four Gentleman and One Great, Great Broad"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl3wPVTb-hM