OT The Quilt

Thank you, I'll pass hat on.

Quilts are a labor of love. Quilters put many hours into their work and few have any idea of what goes into the making of a quilt.

Reply to
Leon

LOL. Thanks. I'll let her know. But to be honest, on this quilt, she only thing did the fancy robotic quilting, the design stitching. A good friend/customer put the top together. My wife does it all but the quilting/layering is difficult and can take days on a regular sewing machine. She got the free hand version long arm sewing machine 11 years ago. That long arm machine had one heck of a learning curve and I was, after about six months, beginning to wish that I had not bought it for her. Fortunately she got past that. She could while/combine the layers to a quilt in about two hours guiding the machine by the handle bars. Oddly this quilt with the robot upgrade took 18 hours. But there is a lot of very intricate stitching that she had to program the machine to do.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon
[snip]

That makes perfect sense. Good execution is reflected in the planning and setup, we all know "measure twice, cut once" and the time spent designing and setting up a jig for custom work pays handsome dividends in time saved and perfect replication of details.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Why toss it. You can use that stitching to floss with.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Getting to the party late.

That's fabulous. Wonderful job, from all involved.

Mom use to quilt, among other sewings, alone and with friends. I can appreciate a nice quilt, machine or hand made.

Give that girl a night out on the town!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny