OT The Quilt

A few of you were interested in seeing the quilt that my wife was working on when I was showing the Lamp I built for her long arm machine.

This is obviously the over all top.

Close up of the center.

Close up of a corner.

And the center of the back.

Leon

To mine eyes (and I think, to anyone's), that is dern-impressive quilting!

Reply to
Bill

Nice, but what did you expect. It all comes out of the "House of Leon" where excellence is merely average work for the craftsfolk there.;)

Veddy nice indeed

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Very nice Leon - pass it along to the wife. My soon to be ex-wife does a fair amount of quilting and is quite good at it, so I have some appreciation for the work that goes into these efforts

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I'd show it to my wife, but it could cost me big bucks. She has three machines already.

That is really nice work.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ill pass that on. This is her first big and complicated quilt and likely any future quilts will not be any more difficult.

Reply to
Leon

Well there were a few discussions as to how to do this. The patterns are wider than the depth capacity of the machine. Soooo that doing what could be done and then removing the quilt, clocking it 90 degrees and filling in the blanks.

I'll letter know. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Mike, I'll pass that on. She will appreciate the comments.

Reply to
Leon

It's a slippery slope, no? LOL

Actually the robotics are becoming available from after market. This seems to be cut adding the cost of adding robotics to a long arm machine in half. Still pricey, like buying a high end table saw with all the accessories Instead of buying a new car. ;~)

The bait..... ;~)

Thank you, I'll let her know.

Reply to
Leon

In this thread there are several comments about quilting machines. There are still people who do quilting the old fashion way with a needle and thread.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Reply to
Leon

That is how my wife learned to quilt, no machine at all, about 15 years ago.

Reply to
Leon

I said that because my wife has made hundreds of quilts for family members's weddings, births, etc, in the years we have been married. All hand quilted.

She is one of those person who is nervous, and you place thead or yarn in her hands an out comes a quilt or shawl. ;-)

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

True dat ....but you also cannot buy a hand made queen-sized quilt at Macy's fer $50!

I bought 3 (fifteen yrs ago). One I used, one I gave to my daughter, one I still have. Wash 'em twice and they're destroyed.

What!? You think you do not exfoliate!? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I believe a handmade quilt at some of the outlets like Tamarac W.Z and the folk art Center on the Blue Ridge Park N.C. way start at $2000

I could see a $50 quilt not lasting, they are made cheap.

Washing machine? ;-)

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Magnificent work. My wife loves it. She has one quilted by her great-grandmother but wouldn't trade it.

Reply to
G. Ross

SWMBO says, "WOW!".

That makes the Amish quilt we bought ($1600) nine years ago look like it's from Walmart. Tell her she done good!

Reply to
krw

It's the stitching. When the stitching comes loose and the loose threads are cutting into yer toes, it's time to toss. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

That's why they invented sheets. Try them sometime. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Reply to
Michael